About Scottish Cyber Awards
The Scottish Cyber Awards is a flagship event which every year recognises the innovators, pioneers and leaders in what is increasingly becoming a critical industry for Scotland’s economic development. First held in 2016, the awards has become one of the most influential nights for the Scottish Cyber Community and as it grows every year it is becoming more significant for the winners and finalists, leading to increased investment, new opportunities and plaudits for those successful.
The Scottish Cyber Awards 2017 was attended by over 300 guests from a wide array of public and private sectors including Scotland’s key cyber influencers and new and established talent. We were delighted to have Cabinet Secretary for Finance and the Constitution, Derek Mackay deliver a key note speech which was definitely one of the highlights of the night for everyone. The awards last year attracted a huge amount of media attention and the event hashtag was trending in Edinburgh on the night!
The success of previous ceremonies is a true testament to the value and need for this recognition in Scotland and as we prepare for the third year we hope the Scottish Cyber Community will embrace the awards and surpass the quality and volume of applications once again.
The Scottish Cyber Awards 2017 Winners:
- Best Cyber Start-Up – ID Cyber Solutions
- Best New Cyber Talent – Alexander Young (ECS Security Ltd)
- Collaboration With Police Scotland – Droman Solutions Ltd
- Cyber Evangelist Of The Year – James Kwaan (iSACA Scotland)
- Cyber Resilient Community Impact Award – Abertay Ethical Hacking Society
- Cyber Security Teacher of the Year – Toni Scullion (St Kentigern’s Academy)
- Outstanding Women In Cyber – Alison Brogan (ECS Security Ltd.) and Naghmeh Moradpoor (Edinburgh Napier University)
- International Contribution to Cyber Security – My1Login
- Leading Light Innovation – ZoneFox
- Best Cyber Breakthrough – Wallet Services
- Best Cyber Education Programme – RBS
- Leading Diversity in Cyber – Seric Systems
- Outstanding Cyber Team – Clydesdale Bank